In an effort to ensure long lasting infrastructure and high quality culinary water and sanitary wastewater services, GHID is continually updating aging pipes and facilities and addressing problematic areas within these crucial systems. Our goal is to keep the Water and Wastewater systems in good repair in order to avoid costly emergency repairs when pipes break or collapse. It is our goal to carry out these projects and improvements with minimal disruption to our customers. Take note of our upcoming projects and feel free to contact our staff at 801.968.3551 with any concerns. Please be patient with us while we work to provide you with the high level of service you have come to expect from GHID.
Project Status Updates - updated March 2018
- 15E: 4100 South Waterlines Project
- In July 2017 the District requested the Contractor install a new air/vacuum relief valve where the new waterline crosses the Utah & Salt Lake Canal at 5600 West. At that time the District increase the limits of the waterline replacement in the intersection of 4100 South and 6000 West.
- 16F: Warner WWPS Improvements
- The work is approximately 90% complete. Work pertaining to the new Electrical Control Building is almost
complete. The pumps have been connected to the new Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs). The precast concrete fence has been stained. The old generator and Automatic Transfer Switch has been removed from the site and delivered to the District. The Contractor anticipates the asphalt pavement restoration will be completed in early April.
- 16G: GHID Headquarters Parking Lot Renovations
- The mandatory pre-bid conference held on March 8, 2018 was attended by nine interested bidders. The bid opening was held on March 15, 2018 and six bids were received.
- 17D: East Reclamation WWPS Forcemain Replacement Project
- The CIPP installation was completed on March 6, 2018. 88 feet of liner was installed. This length is short of the design. The Bid Schedule calls for 96 feet. The actual length is 101 feet (to the 90-degree bend).
- 17E: PRV Upgrades & Large Meter Replacements Project
- A 100-percent design was submitted on March 9, 2018. Bidding documents will be distributed to Contractors the week of March 26, 2018.
- 17F: Tank Farm Master Plan
- The preliminary design is underway, but delayed due to focus on the 18C: Meter 80 Piping and Breeze Chemical Feed Project.
- 17G: Building A Reconstruction
- The Contractor was given a Notice to Proceed on March 6th, 2018. All demolition work except for the bathrooms has been completed. The Contractor is working on framing and other electrical items.
- 17H: West Lake WWPS Access Project
- Bidding Documents were posted on the State of Utah Procurement website on February 8, 2018. A bid Opening was held on March 15, 2018.
- 17J: 4800 West Waterline Replacement Project
- The Contractor resumed work (after their winter break) in mid-March. The rest of the work consists of connecting the existing Permastrand pipelines on 4800 West and Valley View Drive to the new PVC waterline, installing servicing connections to the Permastrand pipeline on Palmer Drive, and asphalt pavement restorations. It is anticipated that the work will be completed by March 2018.
- 17L: Well No. 12 Generator Replacement Project
- The Contractor is ready to start work. A meeting was held with the Contractor on March 14, 2018 to go over the site demolition work. The generator has been ordered and the lead time is around 14 weeks. The anticipated date for substantial completion is July 9, 2018.
- 18A: 4100 South Waterline Replacement - Montaia Drive to 3200 West
- The Construction Contract is in place. A Notice to Proceed will be issued in the near future.
- 18B: 4100 South Waterline Replacement - Bangerter Highway to 5600 West
- A Plan in Hand submittal is being reviewed by West Valley City and GHID.
- 18C: Meter 80 Piping & Breeze Chemical Feed Project
- On February 22, 2018, the District met with the Consultants to provide comments on the 50% draft design drawings. On March 6, the District met with the Consultant and Electrical Subconsultant to look at the existing electrical amenities at the Breeze Site. The design work is ongoing.
- 18D: Wells No. 12 & 14 Rehabilitation Project
- The Consultant sent 90% draft technical specifications to the District for review. The District met with the Consultant on March 20, 2018 to provide comments on the project design. We anticipate issuing bid documents to Contractors on April 2, 2018.
- 18E: Sewer Rehabilitation Project
- The Construction Contract is in place. A Notice to Proceed will be issued in the next couple of months.
- 18F: Hillsdale WWPS Decommissioning & Gravity Sewer
- The District held a design kickoff meeting with the Consultant on March 7, 2018. The project design is underway.