Granger-Hunter will be closed Monday, July 25th, in observance of Pioneer Day.
In January 1950, The Granger-Hunter Improvement District was created by the Salt Lake County Commission to provide culinary water and sanitary sewer services to the residents of the Granger and Hunter communities. Prior to this time, many of the early settlers of the area had to rely on well water for drinking and septic tanks for their wastewater. As such, growth was minimal and the District had a total of only 312 connections on its water system during its first three years. In January 1953, a public vote authorized the issuance of $260,000 in bonds which were used to expand the culinary water system. And so it began. By 1960, total water connections rose to 3,149 which represented a ten-fold increase in only 7 years. In 1970, the district had 8,283 connections and in 1980 over 16,000.
Today, the District has more than 26,000 connections, seven wells, approximately 25 million gallons of water storage and almost 400 miles of piping. We know that GHID is not just about pipelines, wells and water storage reservoirs. It is mostly about the people we serve. We continue to commit to you that we will strive to treat all customers with the highest level of integrity while providing the highest level of service. In addition to providing a high quality product, we feel it is important to deliver this water safely and in a way that demonstrates our stewardship for this precious resource.
Granger-Hunter Improvement Districtís mission is to provide high value to our customers through effective, courteous and responsive service in the delivery of high quality drinking water, and safe collection of sanitary sewer.